Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Course Assignment: Critical Thinking in News and Politics

The course assignment “Critical Thinking in News and Politics”  seemed like an overall good assignment.  Basically we had to find an editorial or letter, and analyze it using critical thinking.  We had to figure out the major claim of the editorial and we also had to mention premises/claims that support the main claim.  My groups editorial was about NFL and concussions.  It was basically saying that the NFL needs to be more aware of those kinds of injuries and how they can affect players in the long run.  I think that the assignment wasn’t easy.  It took alot of work because we had to find the right editorial or letter to choose from and there were hundreds of them.  I believe that this assignment was good for me because I had a chance to analyze the editorial deeper so I understood what the author of the editorial was trying to say. 

1 comment:

  1. You article seemed like a fun one! Learning about how the NFL deals with injuries and such and that they should be more aware of injuries. There are so many injuries n football especially. But I agree the assignment was not easy because you had to analyze many aspects of the article and look at it deeper. However, I think doing the assignment was beneficial because I got a better understanding of the meanings and concepts in the text. Like you said, analyzing the editorial gave a deeper meaning and understood what the author was actually trying to get across.

    ReplyDelete