Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Advertiment blog. Question 2

I found an advertisement on Facebook for the relief fund in Alabama. I was unable to upload the picture on this post. Alabama recently had a tragic tornado incident, leaving many people without there homes. This was a relief fund made by the red cross. On the poster, there was a picture of a Red Cross worker hugging an Alabama resident looking very sad. Under that was "You can help, Donate here." I put this advertisement up because it is real and there is proof. The advertisement is chapter 5, Section C. was obviously a scam because there was no trace of it on the Internet.

On facebook, below the Red Cross relief fund poster, there was this comment by the person who uploaded it. "This flyer is proof that proceeds are going to Red Cross... If you have any questions, the contact info is on the bottom of the flyer! :)"  This is proof that the advertisement is real, so people will feel safe giving their money to something that is worth it.

3 comments:

  1. This is something that I am struggling with understating so good Job on helping me fully understand something that is difficult for me to grasp! First of all, I think you did such an amazing ob with explaining the terms in your own words. I think it is incredible that you are able to explain things so clearly and thoughtfully. I loved how you incorporated the book reading into your blog post. That is something that many people struggle with so it’s great you have that ability. I enjoyed reflecting and reading your post. It made things more clearly to me and it helped me learn what the over all reading is about. Good job with the analysis and reflection on advertisement. I fully am enjoying reading the description of the advertisement comparative to the readings in the book. Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading more of your blog post. I love that fact I was able to learn from a fellow student.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a good example! I never really thought about using advertisements on facebook for this but you did a great job because you explained how it could be trusted. Also, since you did an ad about donations, it makes it a bit more serious because people are very cautious that they don’t misuse their own money. If it were a fake ad then it would cause serious problems to so many people. But the fact that you explained how it is legitimate shows that you knew the material well enough to judge something so important. This example taught me a lot too so thank you and good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this example a lot about the facebook advertisement because today it is a very common thing that most people use. It is easy to understand what you are trying to say about how an advertisement can be trusted and cannot be trusted. If you trust an advertisement right away and give them money they could be scamming you and taking your money for a different cause. I think that scamming is very easy to do on the internet because there is no one on there to tell you wether or not it is a scam or not and people just believe what they read. This taught me how to understand this concept. ood job!

    ReplyDelete