Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chapter 7 Raising Objections

In chapter 7 I read about raising objections, I picked this because I felt like we use objections in an argument in our everyday life.  Basically in the book it explains that  raising objections is a standard way to show that an argument is bad.  An objection is defined as a reason or argument offered in disagreement, opposition, refusal, or disapproval.  This means that a raising objection has various objections that go against the answer.  An example of this would be: 

Joe: We might as well get rid of that TV.

Kim: Person Why? we can just put it in the guest room. (Objection)

Joe: But It will just take up space. (Answer)

Kim: We can arrange the room to where it fits. (Objection)

Joe: That will be too much work (Answer)

This relates to real life because these kinds of situations happen everyday. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading the explanation of this raising objectives section discussed in chapter 7. This was very easy to understand and your example was perfect to get what you were trying to explain. You related the topic to everyday life and explained it clearly. I enjoyed your example because it is something that actually happens to people everyday. This example definitely shows that the argument is bad and makes it so it is a raising objective. Whenever someone makes a bad argument to me i know how to explain to them sometimes that there explanation is not rational and does not make sense. Thank you for the good explanation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that we use objections in any kind of argument every day. I find your post to be clear and understanding.It's good to put the books definition then your definition. Your example fits perfectly to your definition. I really like how you state the objection and the answer on your example. I think it makes it easier to understand when the example is on a conversation so that way I can see how we use objection in an argument in our every day life. I think your post will make readers understand the concept of objecting an argument and how in can relate in every day life.

    ReplyDelete